Echo has the clean, classical features of a refined and reserved young lady in her late teens. Her face is angular and perpetually fixed in a wry, knowing smile that lets the world around her know that she is already one step ahead of them. Her hair is long, well-groomed, and raven black, tossed back behind her shoulders freely. Her eyes are a deep royal purple and glitter with a canny intelligence. Her thin frame and delicate appearance give her something of an air of a classical beauty from a bygone age, but one that still commands a certain reverence even in this era.
Very little can surprise Echo- or, at least, she shows little surprise at the world around her, and despite her youth she exudes a certain jaded patience with the realities of day-to-day life. While she takes pleasure in many activities, her expressions always have the practiced air of those adopted for social niceties rather than for genuine reasons. She is charming in the extreme, but it is the smooth, intentional graces of a manipulator, not raw force of personality. As to what sort of feelings are beneath her cool mask, it’s impossible to say- her act is utterly without flaw or tell and she virtually never verbally stumbles or otherwise gives herself away.
Echo is ambitious and wastes no time in doddering about with projects- she will find a path or make a path to whatever she sets her sights on without delay. And make no mistake- her wants are impressive, as sometimes it’s hard to tell if there’s anything she doesn’t consider hers by simple right of existing. While her opinion of herself is boundless, it can be hard to dismiss her claims of obvious superiority when her talents are so manifold and impressive. She is not without a generous streak, however- she rewards those who side with her in full measure and then some and once she has what she wants, she is more than happy to freely distribute the remainder to other people (provided they remember just where it came from.)
Echo values nothing more than power and the respect that come with it- whether that power is physical, monetary, or social is irrelevant, but she considers raw displays of strength a bit blase and indicative of someone without enough understanding of the game to avoid showing their hand immediately. She revels in respect and attention and can listen to other people talk about her for hours, but she is no fool- sycophants and the useless will find themselves, at best, out on their rears.
Echo does not even make a token effort to conceal her identity- quite the opposite, in fact.
Fun and Helpful Facts About Echo!
(Note: facts subject to change without notice. Fun not redeemable for monetary value. See offer for details.)
-Echo is a staunch atheist, not because gods don’t exist but because they don’t deserve to exist.
-American Eagle is her uncle and he’s very, very rich, just like Echo is going to be.
-Echo can do anything you can do, but better. Just ask her.
-Echo’s parents are Mark Sheikmann (patent attorney) and Cecelia Jordan-Sheikmann (medical tech).
- The ego is the organized part of the personality structure that includes defensive, perceptual, intellectual-cognitive, and executive functions. Conscious awareness resides in the ego, although not all of the operations of the ego are conscious. It serves three severe masters- the external world, the super-ego and the id; its task to find a balance between the primitive drives and reality while satisfying the id and super-ego. Its main concern is with the individual’s safety and will allow some of the id’s desires to be expressed, but only when consequences of these actions are marginal. Thus the ego, driven by the id, confined by the super-ego, repulsed by reality, struggles in bringing about harmony among the forces and influences working in and upon it.
- Echo does not keep any books, because she does not need them- she has memorized every book she has read. She can quote Nietzsche’s Thus Spake Zarathustra with ease.
-She has personal contacts with seventy-two reporters, six city hall officials, and the mayor himself. Echo is a very important person and everyone knows it.
-Her favorite genre of music is punk. She has seen Bad Religion and Dead Kennedys perform live.
-Echo’s sense of style is immaculate and she is always impeccably-dressed, whether for a night on the town, dinner with the socialites, or grinding some bad guys beneath her heels.
-Echo and Doctor Schuster are on season 3 of Downton Abbey, though it’s pretty obvious where things are going to go with the plot. Countess Cora is obviously the most important person on the show.
-Gateways Mental Hospital was closed down for the first time in sixty years in 2013, citing a need for remodeling. Improvements to on-site safety, screening, and changes in personnel were also cited as reasons for the temporary closure. No criminal or civil charges have been filed.
-Echo’s brief stint in the student council quickly came to an end due to a personal dispute between her and several of the other officers. Although she had tripled the budget available for clubs in just three weeks and gained widespread support amongst the student body (in spite of her reputation for being a closeted weirdo), allegations of improper behavior and questionable use of resources quickly escalated and forced her resignation.
- Echo only likes the best of foods and her palate is wide-ranging and well-studied; she’ll always have whatever the most expensive special of the day is. Except for anything with eggs in it- Echo is allergic to eggs.
- She is a classic Type A personality- ambitious, organized, status-conscious, proactive, and a workaholic.
-Echo has to turn down guys requests for dates all the time, you have no idea. It’s almost a crime to be this beautiful, really.
- Echo doesn’t need pets; she doesn’t need anything unless she wants to. Something like one of those Japanese fighting fish would be nice, though- elegant, beautiful, and deadly.